St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital is the world’s leading cancer hospital for children. St. Jude is unlike any other pediatric treatment and research facility. Discoveries made fhere have completely changed how the world treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. With research and patient care under one roof, St. Jude is where some of today’s most gifted researchers are able to do science more quickly.
Here’s some great facts about St. Jude’s:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing and food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened in 1962.
- St. Jude is where doctors send their toughest cases because St. Jude has the world’s best survival rates for the most aggressive childhood cancers.
- St. Jude has helped increase the survival rates for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) from 4% before opening in 1962 to 94% today.
- In May 2012, St. Jude released the largest-ever compilation of comprehensive whole genome human cancer data for access by the global scientific community (4,200 billion pieces of data).
- The daily operating cost for St. Jude is $1.9 million, which is primarily covered by individual contributions.
Your donation to Cavo’s fundraiser will help bring cancer treatment to young children who are drastically in need of it – help make a difference!
Cavo – Facebook
42-18 31st Ave
Astoria, NY 11103