FASTRACK is a subway maintenance, cleaning, and repair program that shuts down segments of a subway line for several hours over consecutive weeknights or weekend days, allowing our employees to perform a number of critical maintenance jobs. The line shutdown approach has proven successful in that, under normal conditions in our 24/7 system, the scope and breadth of this important work would be impossible to accomplish with customers and trains moving through work areas. Thus far, since FASTRACK began in 2012, the results have had a positive impact on service with a reduction in train delays and a decrease in the number of track fires, while realizing cost efficiencies and a lower accident rate for employees.
FASTRACK tasks typically include:
• Track – remove debris and repair or replace tie blocks and running rails.
• Third Rail Operations – clean and remove debris from under and around the third rail.
• Signals – perform general maintenance on signals and switches and replace dispatcher holding lights.
• Infrastructure – repair or replace handrails, signs, and tunnel lighting. Clean track drains and repair water damage/leaks.
• Electronic Maintenance – optimize performance of closed-circuit television monitors and cameras. Inspect and test public address system equipment.
• Station Environment – perform high-intensity station cleaning and painting as well as perform elevator and escalator repair work. Clean vents and drains.
FASTRACK begins weeknights at 10PM and ends 5AM the next morning.
This service change will run from Nov 17 to Nov 21 nightly, ending Friday morning.
No trains at stations in Manhattan
trains run in Queens and Brooklyn only
trains are rerouted via the 6 Av Line in Manhattan to/from the 57 St station
service ends early each night
What are the travel alternatives?
• Use nearby stations on the 8 Av , 7 Av , 6 Av , and Lexington Av lines instead.
• Take the for service between Queens and Manhattan.
• Make key transfers between trains at Queensboro Plaza , 5 Av/42 St-Bryant Pk ,
Jay St-MetroTech , and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr .
• trains make local stops between Court St and 59 St, Brooklyn.
How will trains operate?
Two sections (Queens and Brooklyn) as follows:
1. Between Ditmars Blvd and Queensboro Plaza
2. Between Stillwell Av and the Court St station.
Rerouted via the in Manhattan as follows:
• Manhattan-bound: After DeKalb Av, trains run via the to 47-50 Sts, then to the 57 St station,
the last stop.
• Coney Island-bound: Trains originate at the 57 St station then run via the to Brooklyn.
Regular Coney Island-bound service resumes at DeKalb Av.
Ends early each night:
• In Brooklyn, shuttle service between 36 St and 95 St starts early.
Plan your route accordingle!