The actors have been cast and the hall has been rented, as The Astoria Performing Arts Center gets ready to bring 'Astoria Stories' to the stage.
The series of plays and musicals are set to showcase some of the unique Astoria sites that help to define the neighborhood.
They will be held at Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, and will also include a special performance on Sunday, February 21st at 7:30PM at the Museum of Moving Image.
The plays will act as a bridge, from the nostalgic and rich past, to the ever-changing present. APAC announced its new series in order to celebrate its 15th season.
Astoria writers were chosen for the production and were given their own unique location, according to APAC:
- Kari Bentley-Quinn – Museum of the Moving Image
- Nathan Brisby and Lizzie Hagstedt – Titan Foods
- Ty Defoe and Tidtaya Sinutoke – Socrates Sculpture Park
- Dyan Flores – Omonia Bakery and Cafe
- Ben Gassman – Astoria Park
- Holly Hepp-Galván -Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden
- Alexander Sage Oyen – Broadway Silk Store
- Christopher Torres – Astoria Blvd. Subway Station
- Kathleen Warnock – Sohmer Piano Factory
There is music direction by James Higgins, along with prop design by Katie White and lighting design by dan Jobbins.
The following is the scheduling for 'Astoria Stories':
- Friday February 19th @ 8pm
- Saturday February 20th @ 2pm
- Saturday February 20th @ 8pm
- Sunday February 21st @ 7:30pm ** at Museum of the Moving Image
- Friday February 26th @ 8pm
- Saturday February 27th @ 2pm
- Saturday February 27th @ 8pm
Tickets can be purchased at www.apacny.org or at the door and are $10.
Good Shepherd United Methodist Church: Corner of 30th Road
Museum of Moving Image: 36-01 35 Avenue