It is the 40th Anniversary of the Five Boro Bike Tour on Sunday and cyclists are oiling up their gears and getting ready for the 40 miles of car free roads which they will be enjoying.
Since the even is going through every borough, this means Queens and Astoria will be effected. Some streets in the area will be closed off from 7:30AM to 5PM on May 7th when 32,000 cyclists are expected to turn up.
So here is a list of the streets that will be closed off or partially closed during the bike tour.
The following streets will be closed:
- 21st Street between Queens Plaza South and Hoyt Avenue North
- Queens Plaza South between 21st Street and Vernon Boulevard / Alternate Route
- Hoyt Avenue North between 21st Street and 19th Street
- 19th Street between Hoyt Avenue North and Ditmars Boulevard
- Ditmars Boulevard between 19th Street and Shore Boulevard
- Shore Boulevard between Ditmars Boulevard and Astoria Park South
- Astoria Park South between Shore Boulevard and14th Street
- 14th Street between Astoria Park South and 31st Avenue
- 31st Avenue between 14th Street and Vernon Boulevard
- Vernon Boulevard between 31st Avenue and 44th Drive
- 44th Drive between Vernon Boulevard and 11th Street
- 11th Street between 44th Drive and Pulaski Bridge
- Pulaski Bridge (Brooklyn-bound)