New York City’s Phase 2 Reopening Begins Today!
By Loulou Chryssides
Image by Tim Savage.
New York City is set to begin its Phase 2 reopening today, June 22nd.
The city has reached another milestone in the decline in positive COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations and can therefore enact Phase 2. Industries that will be back to business include hair salons, retail, and business offices.
However, proper protocol such as maintaining 6ft. of distance and wearing mask will be enforced. During this phase, an estimated 100,000-300,000 New Yorkers will be going back to work.
The following industries are set to reopen today:
- Outdoor dining for restaurants
- Offices (at 50% capacity with some type of screening required)
- Real estate offices
- Vehicle rentals, leases & sales
- Commercial building management
- In-store retail shops
- Hair salons & barbershops
Best of luck to those getting back to work today! Stay healthy & safe, Astoria.