Auntie Eli’s Tuesday Treat: No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake (Doukissa)
By Eleni Louca
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake (Doukissa)
The perfect chocolate treat for a hot day. No bake, no mess. This quick and easy log will surely become a staple in your home. This sweet treat is best made as a log!
400 gr. biscuits
200 gr. butter
1 1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
In a large bowl, roughly crush the biscuits by hand. Melt the butter on low heat. Once the butter is completely melted, take off heat and gradually blend in the cocoa until smooth. Slowly whisk in the milk. Lastly, add the crushed biscuits and mix until fully coated. Pour the batter into your desired tin and chill in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- This makes a great cake for fondanting and decorating due to its thick texture
- Use milk cocoa or dark cocoa, depending on your preference
- If using dark cocoa, you may want to add a tablespoon or so of powdered sugar to it before adding to the butter
- For a thicker texture, slowly incorporate two eggs to the milk before whisking it into the butter mixture
- Change up the flavor by adding peanut butter, mint extract, orange extract, fruits, nuts, whichever your personal preference!
Enjoy, and be sure to tag @givemeastoria so we can see your final product! See you next Tuesday, for what’s sure to be another delicious treat!